Saturday, July 18, 2009

Long time no post

Ok so its been a long time since I posted, but Ive been busy.

Started my experiment this week. Basically the idea is to test the ants aggression response to moving enemies, versus enemies that are hiding (potentially by their immobile behavior). So I have been walking aroud with a cooler, freezing ants and spiders to make them immoblie and then putting them to the test on the acacia trees. I feel like I am set up gladiator matches. I found a formidable opponent to the acacia ant with my "palm ants" (thats what I call them now, before I know what species they are. They are a arboral ant common on the research plot so they are my unvoluntary volunteers.

Other than that, have seen some cool things this past weeks (two weeks). Like Crocidiles, Glasswing butterflys and the Sunbittern, which is this colorful heron type bird that lives near forest streams. You should have seen how excited Dr. Styrsky was to see it haha.


And Jaguarundis! Now thats exciting! you can check out more about them at http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/Jaguarundi.html

I finished reading The Hobbit It good but not what I expected. I have not read the lord of the rings, but I guess the author is so hyped that I expected an amazing book. Guess ill have move on the the series.

I also got through Mere Christianity. I like the book and the way its based on C.S Lewis radio broadcasts, I dont agree with maybe about half the things the book has to say, but it was a good read and informative.

So now I am moved on to The Constant Princess, a Phillipa Gregory book, of whom I read many. So its typical but good, very detailed historical fiction about Queen Katherine of England (originally from spain) who was Henry VIII's first wife. So its mostly about marriage...having sons... and not getting executed by the king, which is always intriguing.

Not sure whats on deck, I have read 7 or 8 books by now, I've lost count.

Gotta run, off to see Harry Potter in a bit!

Love,

Loriann

No comments:

Post a Comment