We went to a restuarant on the causeway out to the islands in Panama Bay out side of panama city. Awesome view, and the sea breeze was really nice. Panamaians like to use the causeway for biking, walking, running, roller blading etc. There are also a lot of fancy fancy hotels. Mom would love this.

Also we came across an ad for some sort of contest about democracy, plastered with Obama's face. Had to take the pic at an angle because it was night so there was glare. Kinda humerous...... There is $200,000 worth of prizes and since the money is worth the same as American dollars, maybe I should enter? Probably have to write in spanish though...darn.

Anyways I've had a relaxing sunday morning, made myself breakfast of champions. Aunt J's pancakes (done with no spatula mind you) with bananas. :) And Im sure ill spend the rest of the day reading.....or wandering around town looking at birds. I finished New Moon, its mostly ridiculous. Romance gets kind of boring to me after a while.....lovey dovey stuff is not too fun to read at least for me. So now I have started The Bean Trees. It's pretty good. So far the best line is "Something about Oklahoma makes you feel like there is no more hope." (or along those lines). It made me giggle....so true. I have also been reading tidbits of Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis. Its interesting, but kinda hard to follow. Reminds me of lit class in high school. yikes. And of course Ive been moving along on in the GRE study book. Did I ever say how much I hate word problems? and the vocabulary is out of control! sigh. ETS rules the American education system...and its all for money.
very entertaining MOM
ReplyDelete